In Texas, under some circumstances, you may be able to have a criminal record expunged, which means that the records are returned to you or destroyed. You may be eligible for expungement if:

A criminal charge against you has been dismissed, you have been found not guilty, or you have been pardoned; or
Someone used your name or identification when arrested (identity theft); or You are a juvenile who has completed a deferred sentence; or You are an underage drinking first offender. If you are eligible to have your records expunged, you may file a petition in court. A person who has reached age 17 must make a sworn written request to have juvenile records expunged.

In addition, if you have received a discharge and dismissal from deferred adjudication community supervision (an alternative sentencing program in Texas), you may petition the court for a nondisclosure order following dismissal for some misdemeanors, five years after dismissal for other misdemeanors, or 10 years after dismissal for felonies. A nondisclosure order prohibits criminal justice agencies from disclosing criminal history information to the public.
Motor vehicle records cannot be expunged